LAST DATE TO UPDATE UDIN ON E-FILING PORTAL IS 30TH APRIL 2022
What is Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN)?
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, on noticing about the fake certifications by Non-CAs misrepresenting themselves as Chartered Accountants which misled the authorities
and stakeholders, pioneered in conceptualizing a unique concept which is called “Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN) “. Unique Document Identification Number
(UDIN) is 18-Digitsystem generated unique number which has to be generated by Full- time Practicing Chartered Accountants for every document certified/attested by them.
UPDATION OF UDIN ON E-FILING PORTAL
You being a user may get an email from [email protected] as follows on your registered mail id
As per records, Income Tax Department has noticed that some Forms are pending for UDIN update on the e-Filing Portal. Kindly update UDIN against pending forms on or before 30th April 2022.
What are the steps to update UDIN?
- Login to the e-Filing portal
- Go to the e-File menu
- Income Tax Forms
- View/ Update UDIN Details
- You can update UDIN for one Form at a time OR for multiple Forms using the bulk UDIN upload feature.
Things to remember before updating UDIN:
- Double check the Form number and AY with ICAI UDIN portal, before updating UDIN on e-filing Portal
- Double check the PAN of Assessee (if provided on UDIN portal), before updating UDIN
- UDIN should not be consumed against any other Form
- If you are filing a revised Form, then generate a new UDIN from UDIN portal
- You will be able to update UDIN under ‘View/ Update UDIN Details‘ screen, only after the Form is accepted by Assessee.