CBDT CONDONES DELAY IN FILING FORM 10A
As per the provisions of the Income-tax Act, 1961, Form 10A was required to be filed electronically by 30.06.2021, which was extended to 31.08.2021 and further extended to 31.03.2022 by Circular No. 16/2021
In view of the representations received by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and with a view to avoid genuine hardship to taxpayers, the CBDT condones the delay in filing of Form 10A up to 25th November 2022 in respect of certain provisions of section 12A / section 10(23C) / section 80G / section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
Procedure for registration
- Log on to the E-filing portal of income tax department vide https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- Go to “Income Tax Forms” and then “File Income Tax Forms” under e-File tab.
- Select the Form Name as “Form 10A” and the relevant Assessment Year from the drop-down list.
- Select the option of “Prepare and Submit online” in submission mode.
- Fill in the details as required in the form and attach the required and applicable attachments.
- Submit the form using digital signatures or EVC as required while return filing.
Details Required for Incorporation/constitution
- Section Code (List attached)
- Nature of activities & Type of Constitution as per Trust Deed/MOA/any other instrument
- Registration Number & Date of Registration & Name of Authority granting such Registration
- Details of Other Registrations, if any. Details of Key Persons
Details of Key Persons:
- Below Details of all the Author (s)/ Founder (s)/ Settlor (s)/Trustee (s)/ Members of society/Members of the Governing Council/ Director (s)/ Shareholders holding 5% or more of shareholding / Office Bearer (s) as on the date of application.
- In case if any of the persons is not an individual then provide the following below details of the natural persons who are beneficial owners (5% or more) of such person as on the date of application.
Details of Assets & Liabilities
Includes details of long term liabilities, amount of corpus fund, Investments etc.
Details from Grant received from Government etc.
- Self-certified copy of the instrument/document evidencing the creation, or establishment of the applicant (i.e Trust Deed/MOA/any other Instrument)
- Self-certified copy of registration with Registrar of Companies or Registrar of Firms and Societies or Registrar of Public Trusts, as the case may be; (i.e. Registration Certificate)
- Self-certified copy of existing order granting registration under section 12A or section 12AA or section 12AB, as the case may be
- Self-certified copy of existing order granting registration under section 80G of the Income-tax Act, as the case may be Self-certified copy of registration under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 (42 of 2010), if the applicant is registered under such Act;
- Where the applicant has been in existence during any year or years prior to the financial year in which the application for registration is made,
- Self-certified copies of the annual accounts of the applicant for a period of immediately three preceding years
- Self-certified copy of order of rejection of application for grant of approval under clause (23C) of section 10 or Section 80 G, if any;
- Self-certified copy of existing order granting approval under clause (23C) of section 10;